Saturday, March 21, 2009

Road Block Along the Way

Well as the message indicates, I have hit a MAJOR road block on my trip. On March 17th, I was walking down some dark stairs and I ended up missing one resulting in my twisting my ankle. After two days, the swelling did not go down so I went to the hospital to get it checked out. It turns out that I had fractured the 5th Metatarsil in my Left foot and to make sure it heals correctly, it required the doctor to perform surgery and insert a pin in my foot. The procedure was done here in Bali but I am headed back to the United States tomorrow (March 23rd) to let it heal. It will take approximatly 4 weeks to heal but 8 weeks to heal to the point that I am cleared to do as much walking as this trip requires. After the 8 weeks are over, I am absolutly going to head back out to finish either what I started, or to embark on a modified "Trip of a Lifetime." More details will follow as to what my revised trip will entail so stay tuned....

Until later,
Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment